My father is amazingly frugal. Some would even call him cheap (I wouldn’t, some people would 😁 ). He’s the king of stretching the life of an item.
When I was growing up, I had a doll I loved but over time and after many of my ardent embraces, she started to fall to pieces. Rather than get a new doll or get her professionally mended, my father proceeded to apply masking tape wherever there was a hole or tear. In time, it was difficult to tell my doll from the tape. My friends teased me about this “low-class” doll, and I eventually threw her away.
Maybe your business looks a little but like my formerly-loved doll. You’ve applied so many legal pieces of tape (your contracts copied from a random site 🤷🏿♀️ …just saying) that they are no longer sticking. This duct tape and a prayer approach to your business is not the way to build the business of your dreams.
So maybe you know you need help, but you don’t know where to start.
Start with us at Henry Business Law. There are three consultations we offer:
- A Discovery Call with our client delight team
This is a 15-minute call to help us learn more about your legal needs, figure out whether we can help and tell you a bit about what working with us looks like.
This call is not with a lawyer, but our team is well versed in figuring out how to help, even if that help is booking a more in-depth call with a lawyer.
This call is great if you have a good idea of what you want and need to find out whether we can help, what we charge, how long we would take, etc.
- Strategic Consultation
This call is for you if you’re trying to work your way through a complex situation. You’ll spend one hour with one of our lawyers coming up with a plan to address your questions.
Recent strategic consultations answered these questions:
- I’m setting up a new app – what legal framework will I need?
- I’ve just sold out on my website and this new product is really taking off. How do I make more, comply with regulatory requirements, and protect myself from liability?
- We’re 4 friends who want to go into business together, but we’ve heard horror stories about partnerships. What are the non-negotiables that need to be decided on and included in our partnership agreement? What conversations should we be having to ensure we’re on the same page, and how do we address what happens if things don’t work out?
- Legal Audit
This one is my favourite!
You and I do a deep dive into your business to understand what you have, what
you want and what are the next steps you need to take to get to your goals.
Together, we examine 5 main areas of your business:
- corporate structure
- intellectual property
- protection against life’s unwanted events
- future planning
With your custom Legal Road Map, you’ll leave with a clear, step-by-step guide for what you’ll need in your legal framework to reach your goals along with other resources and referrals. We’ll point out what needs to be addressed right now, what can wait and what you don’t need at all.
Imagine for just a second the confidence and peace of mind you would have from knowing exactly what to do next.